The crunchy-upgrade container contains multiple versions of PostgreSQL in order
to perform a
pg_upgrade between major versions of PostgreSQL. This includes
the following combinations:
- PostgreSQL 11 / PostgreSQL 12
- PostgreSQL 12 / PostgreSQL 13
- PostgreSQL 13 / PostgreSQL 14
- PostgreSQL 14 / PostgreSQL 15
The following features are supported by the crunchy-upgrade container:
- Supports a pg_upgrade of the PostgreSQL database.
- Doesn’t alter the old database files.
- Creates the new database directory.
- Does not currently support a PostGIS upgrade.
- Supports upgrades from:
- 11 to 12
- 12 to 13
- 13 to 14
- 14 to 15
The crunchy-upgrade Docker image contains the following packages (versions vary depending on PostgreSQL version):
- PostgreSQL (15.2, 14.7, 13.10, 12.14 and 11.19)
- UBI 8 - publicly available
- UBI 8 - customers only
|OLD_DATABASE_NAME||None||Refers to the database (pod) name that we want to convert.|
|NEW_DATABASE_NAME||None||Refers to the database (pod) name that is given to the upgraded database.|
|OLD_VERSION||None||The PostgreSQL version of the old database.|
|NEW_VERSION||None||The PostgreSQL version of the new database.|
|PG_LOCALE||Default locale||If set, the locale you want to create the database with.|
|XLOGDIR||None||If set, initdb will use the specified directory for WAL.|
|CRUNCHY_DEBUG||FALSE||Set this to true to enable debugging in logs. Note: this mode can reveal secrets in logs.|
data_checksumswere enabled on the database by running the following SQL: