Crunchy Data announces the release of the PostgreSQL Operator 4.3.3 on August 17, 2020.
The PostgreSQL Operator is released in conjunction with the Crunchy Container Suite.
The PostgreSQL Operator 4.3.3 release includes the following software versions upgrades:
- The PostgreSQL containers now use versions 12.4, 11.9, 10.14, 9.6.19, and 9.5.23
- pgBouncer is now at version 1.14.
PostgreSQL Operator is tested with Kubernetes 1.13 - 1.18, OpenShift 3.11+, OpenShift 4.3+, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), and VMware Enterprise PKS 1.3+.
- Perform a
pg_dumpfrom a specific database using the
--databaseflag when using
- Restore a
pg_dumpto a specific database using the
- Add the
pgo versionto output the client version of
- The PostgreSQL cluster scope is now utilized to identify and sync the ConfigMap responsible for the DCS for a PostgreSQL cluster.
PGMONITOR_PASSWORDis now populated by an environmental variable secret. This environmental variable is only set on a primary instance as it is only needed at the time a PostgreSQL cluster is initialized.
- Remove “Operator Start Time” from
pgo statusas it is more convenient and accurate to get this information from
kubectland the like, and it was not working due to RBAC privileges. (Reported by @mw-0).
pgo-rmdatacontainer no longer runs as the
rootuser, but as
- Remove dependency on the
expenvbinary that was included in the PostgreSQL Operator release. All
expenvcalls were either replaced with the native
envsubstprogram or removed.
- Add validation to ensure that limits for CPU/memory are greater-than-or-equal-to the requests. This applies to any command that can set a limit/request.
- Ensure WAL archives are pushed to all repositories when pgBackRest is set to use both a local and a S3-based repository
- Silence expected error conditions when a pgBackRest repository is being initialized.
- Add the
watchpermissions to the
client-setup.shworks with when there is an existing
pgoclient in the install path
- Ensure the PostgreSQL Operator can be uninstalled by adding
listverb ClusterRole privileges to several Kubernetes objects.
- Bring up the correct number of pgBouncer replicas when
pgo update cluster --startupis issued.
- Fixed issue where
pgo scalewould not work after
pgo update cluster --shutdownand
pgo update cluster --startupwere run.
pgo scaledowndeletes external WAL volumes from the replica that is removed.
- Fix for PostgreSQL cluster startup logic when performing a restore.
- Do not consider non-running Pods as primary Pods when checking for multiple primaries (Reported by @djcooklup).
- Fix race condition that could occur while
pgo upgradewas running while a HA configuration map attempted to sync. (Reported by Paul Heinen @v3nturetheworld).
- Silence “ConfigMap not found” error messages that occurred during PostgreSQL cluster initialization, as these were not real errors.
- Fix an issue with controller processing, which could manifest in PostgreSQL clusters not being deleted.
pgo labelwhen applying multiple labels at once.