The PostgreSQL Operator 4.2.2 release provides bug fixes and continued support to the 4.2 release line.
This release includes updates for several packages supported by the PostgreSQL Operator, including:
- The PostgreSQL containers now use versions 12.2, 11.7, 10.12, 9.6.17, and 9.5.21
- The PostgreSQL containers now support PL/Python3
- Patroni is updated to version 1.6.4
The PostgreSQL Operator is released in conjunction with the Crunchy Container Suite.
PostgreSQL Operator is tested with Kubernetes 1.13+, OpenShift 3.11+, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), and VMware Enterprise PKS 1.3+.
Changes since 4.2.1
- Added the
pgo updateto make it clear how the auto-failover mechanism can be re-enabled for a PostgreSQL cluster.
- Remove using
Fixes since 4.2.1
- Ensure PostgreSQL clusters can be successfully restored via
pgo restoreafter ‘pgo scaledown’ is executed
- Ensure all replicas are listed out via the
pgo failover. This now follows the pattern outlined by the Kubernetes safe random string generator (#1247)
- Honor the value of “PasswordLength” when it is set in the pgo.yaml file for password generation. The default is now set at
UsePAM yesin the
sshd_configfile to fix an issue with using SSHD in newer versions of Docker
- The backup task listed in the
pgtaskCRD is now only deleted if one already exists
- Ensure that a successful “rmdata” Job does not delete all cluster pgtasks listed in the CRD after a successful run
- Only add Operator labels to a managed namespace if the namespace already exists when executing the
- Remove logging of PostgreSQL user credentials in the PostgreSQL Operator logs
- Consolidation of the Dockerfiles for RHEL7/UBI7 builds
- Several fixes to the documentation (#1233)